What is Verizon text message error code 98 and how to fix it?
Verizon is a dominant telecommunications and media company that dramatically changed how people live, work, and communicate.
With over 100 million wireless subscribers and a market capitalization of nearly $200 billion, Verizon is the largest U.S. telecommunications company in terms of revenue, with about 60% more customers than its nearest competitor AT&T.
Verizon Wireless operates America’s most reliable network on all major wireless technology providers while also using it to provide broadband services to businesses.
Verizon provides wireless voice and data services to consumers, along with broadband access for both residential and business customers who are located primarily in rural areas.
The company also owns a wide range of media assets spanning from traditional networks like CBS TV stations, AOL (including Huffington Post), Yahoo!, Sports Illustrated Magazine, as well as digital properties like Yahoo! News, Mapquest, and Moviefone.
Verizon also provides customers with data services that include mobile web browsing (such as Verizon Wireless Data Services), email service, instant messaging (Chat by AOL), and push-to-talk capabilities for its most demanding consumers.
One of the most common issues that Verizon users have been facing recently is the text message error 98 and they have been wanting to know what it means.
Users are also wondering what can be done when they get this specific text message error.
This article will give you all of the information that you need on dealing with this issue so that you can get your Verizon service back to working again as soon as possible.
- The text message error 98 usually appears in the form of “Error(98)”
- It’s not always clear what is causing this issue, but it can be fixed with a few simple steps.
- If you are experiencing this problem and want to get your Verizon service back up and running as soon as possible, we recommend that you read the complete article for tips on how best to troubleshoot this issue.
We hope that you found the information in our article helpful and informative and we will continue providing Verizon Wireless customers with as much information as possible about these common issues so that they can get their service up and running again quickly.
What is Verizon text message error code 98.
- The Verizon text message error code 98 is the “Verizon Message Submission System Error” which occurs when your account has not been provisioned with a mobile phone number.
This is a type of error that will not be fixed unless you add your mobile number to the account.
The Verizon text message should have already informed you about this in order for it to work properly.
It is important to note that there was no need for any previous provisioning before adding the phone number as long as they are a Verizon customer.
Verizon text message error code 98 occurs when the network connection is lost during data transmission.
- The Verizon text message error code 98 can also occur when the network connection is lost during data transmission. This could be caused by a number of different reasons, but the most likely culprits are low signal and/or high latency.
What causes my Verizon text messages to not send?
Verizon text messages may not send for a number of different reasons, but the most common error is when your account has not been provisioned with a mobile phone number.
What if my Verizon texts don’t work?
If your Verizon text messages don’t seem to be working correctly, you may want to check the connection on your phone or contact customer service for further assistance.
How can I make my texts more reliable with a stronger signal?
The best way to ensure that you have a strong and steady signal is by changing locations such as going outside, but if that doesn’t work you can also contact customer service for assistance.
When this happens, your phone will display “Verizon Wireless” followed by an “error” message.
- The phone will display “Verizon Wireless” followed by an error message such as: “Message Submission System Error 98.”
- The user’s account has not been provisioned with a mobile phone number. The network connection is lost during data transmission, and this was originally only applicable to Verizon Wireless customers but it may also occur for other carriers now that they are all compatible on these networks. Any message sent is sent through Verizon Wireless’s network.
How to fix this issue?
- The cause of the Verizon text message error code 98 is that your account has not been provisioned with a mobile phone number. You can add this by following these steps for each device:
Steps to fix Verizon Text Message Error Code 98
- Sign in to My Verizon (via verizonwireless.com) and go to the “Messages” tab.
- Under the heading, “Text Messages” is a list of your Verizon-enabled devices and their associated phone number(s). If you are using more than one device, add each to this list by clicking on the box for that device and entering in its phone number (you may also add up to five phone numbers for each device).
- Click “Submit.”
- Verizon will send a verification code via text message to your mobile phone number(s) on the list, and you must enter it in order for this change to take effect.
Other measures include the following:
- If you are still experiencing this issue, make sure that the network connection is intact by checking the strength of your signal:
from your device, go to “Settings,” then “Mobile Networks” and then “Network Operator.”
- If you have a high-quality signal, it could be because of low latency. You might also want to check to see if any other devices in the area are experiencing similar issues before contacting customer service.
- Also, experiment with switching between different mobile carriers for better connectivity and functionality.
There is no need for any previous provisioning before adding your phone number if you are a Verizon customer. This error code can also occur when the network connection is lost during data transmission, which could be caused by low signal or high latency problems. You should first check to see that this issue isn’t just limited to your device and then contact customer service if necessary.
Post a Comment